Our extensive expertise in the accounting industry comes from years of serving local and regional accounting firms both large and small. In addition to providing traditional IT services, we provide support for the software platforms that you run your business on. Whether you run CCH, Thomson Reuters, PPC, BNA, Intuit – we know how to keep these systems up to date and running smoothly.
At GEM, we periodically meet with your leadership team – before, during and after tax season. We work with you to evaluate, plan and implement updates and upgrades to all your various systems and we work closely with your software providers during planning and implementation phases always looking to minimize the impact on your business.
We also are constantly looking at emerging technologies specifically related to the accounting industry making sure your firm is making the best use of these technologies.
Some of the packages we work with:
- Tax preparation – ProSystem fx Tax, UltraTax, GoSystem
- Engagement – ProSystem fx Engagement, CPA Solutions
- Practice management – ProSystem fx Practice Management
- Document management – CCH Document, File Cabinet
- Fixed assets – ProSystem fx Fixed Assets, Sage FAS
- Scanning – ProSystem fx Scan, SurePrep
- Bookkeeping/ERP – QuickBooks, AccPac
- And more
Take Your Accounting to the Cloud
If you want to shed the costs and headaches of owning and maintaining your own in-house IT Infrastructure, consider moving your practice into the cloud. This provides many benefits, including reducing/eliminating the costs associated with servers, lowering ongoing software and maintenance costs and reducing IT staffing needs. It’s also a great solution for firms that don’t have thorough business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Scalability — With a “pay per user” model, you can easily add staff whenever needed (e.g., during tax season). Plus, with an anytime, anywhere model, staff fulfillment is less restricted by geography.
- Automatic updates — We perform all updates —not just for the operating systems but for your accounting applications as well. There’s no need to worry about twice-a-week updates during tax season.
- Automatic backups — Backups are performed continuously at regular intervals (several times each day) with retention schedules for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly backups. Our on-site backups are replicated daily to additional off-site facilities. We test restores routinely to verify the integrity of our backup systems.
- Security — We collocate all of our systems in a Tier III Data Center which has successfully completed SAS70 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 audits.